Trash to Treasure

 
There is an eighth wonder of the world and it is hammered copper spray paint. We recently bought a house and the previous owners left several of these extremely unattractive Christmas vases in the garage. I was about to pitch them when my can of copper spray paint started to whisper, "Try me first."

I sprayed one of the vases and went over it with black craft paint.









Here is the result...
























I was so impressed with myself that I went to work on an ugly vase I bought at an auction.





















And here is the finished product...



Don't stand still at my house or you're likely to find yourself covered in copper spray paint.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the copper look. I am going to have to get some of that paint. Thank you for sharing this. The possibilities are endless in how to use this paint. :)

Ann @ I blog, therefore I am. said...

Wow, those look great!

Shannon said...

AHH!! You are crafty, those look awesome. :)

Michele said...

Frickin' AWESOME!!!! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me the brand of spray paint you used on the trash to treasure items?
Thanks!
Joanne